Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Two Front Teeth

By the end of November Faith’s two front teeth were wiggly, and she was hoping more than anything that they would fall out by Christmas so that she could go around singing 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth'.

But those two teeth stayed stuck, despite the fact that they became so wiggly that they would move when she talked. It was quite comical really.

A couple of days ago, she finally lost the first one. She put it under her pillow and the next morning, found that the tooth fairy had left her a shiny dollar coin.

The result was that the second of the two teeth became even wigglier. Dangly even. The thing sat crooked in her gums and jiggled furiously whenever she talked. You could hear it clicking as it knocked the other teeth. Most of the time, I couldn’t stop staring at it as she spoke.

 All day today, she played with that tooth, poking it with her tongue and wiggling it backwards and forwards with her finger. By bedtime, it was hanging there by just a corner, and we were worried it might fall out while she slept and she’d end up swallowing it.

So Dad pulled it out. It took less than a second apparently, he barely touched it and the thing popped right out and landed on her tongue, so she almost did swallow it. I came in and she was howling about blood, even though there was hardly any and it pretty much stopped bleeding immediately, that’s how ready this tooth was to come out. Then, suddenly she smiled, and stood up and sang

'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...'


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments! It lets me know that you're reading.